Convert To Polygons

Fuge

Question

Long overdue is an upgrade to "Convert To Polygons" . Every release I wait to see if "Convert To Polygons" is improved and isn't. It would be nice if "Convert To Polygons" did a better job. If I convert a cube to polygons, when done, it would be nice to have 6 polygons 1 for each face.and that's all, instead of a bunch of lines and polygons which is just a mess to deal with. Also the option to only end up with the polygons that are seen, i.e delete the back and bottom polygons of the cube. For me a "Convert To Polygons" that works the way you would expect, would save me and my detailers hours a day in clean up nonsense. It would also help a great deal when exporting eps files. The files would be much smaller and the guy receiving the file won't be complaining either. Better convertion would also make the new option gradient worth using.

Another benefit would be printing, less stuff to send to the rip, which means, less of a chance of choking the spool because of a lot of extra garbage it doen't need.

Thanks

[ 01-13-2003, 12:37 AM: Message edited by: Fuge ]

1 answer to this question