Inside Group Controls

MikeN

Question

2 answers to this question

You can view other objects while viewing within a group by changing the preference. I'm not sure if that's exactly what you're refering to.

And since you brought it up, I want to be able to render (full and otherwise) while viewing within a group. That would be a HUGE time-saver. Unless I'm missing something, I now move a group to another layer to be able to see only the grouped items rendered.

OSX.latest

VW10.latest

Oh, and another thing....

While rendering the "group view" I should be looking at the current lighting effects set outside the group. I tend to work on 3d to test initial schemes/ideas and would like to get from Thought A to Thought A.1 quicker. I don't want to waste time moving items from layer to layer or waste time rendering entire scenes to see portion I'm tinkering with. I'm thinking along the lines of a 3d sketchpad that validates an idea in a realistic detailed setting. I certainly use the final model renderings for presentation but NEVER use the 3d drawing for condoc purposes. As mentioned in other posts, generally the payoff comes when that 3d thought is represented in a completed 2d condoc. in the hands of a contractor.