Double click callout editing

Yovav

Question

Editing various kinds of objects by double clicking them with the cursor was one of the greatest things VW 10 brought to us. I was really disappointed to find out that this intuitive move was ineffective on callouts notes, placed in the document.

Hey guys, put the double click editing into call out. And be nice and do it in 10.5.

2 answers to this question

You can double click on a callout to edit it, however you must have the callout tool selected.

With this tool selected, simply double click on the callout you want to edit and you can change the text of the callout.

Style changes are done by selecting the callout and going to the Text menu and selecting appropriate changes.

I know I can do it. I do it. I'm just suggesting a better and easier way to do it.

Before 10.x we had to select the reshape tool to reshape a polygon, the text tool to edit text, and so on. One of the most time/clicks saving features that 10 brought to us is the ability to double click on an entity with the 2d selection tool, and immediately start to edit it, without selecting a special tool to do it.

If we can edit a polygon with double click with the 2d selection tool, edit a text with the same move, and so on, why won't we do the same with the callouts?