palette commands - auto insert

Katerina

Question

7 answers to this question

Each of the tools have a keyboard shortcut assigned to them which you can key to get the tool to work.

Aside from that, all the tools require you to click somewhere in the drawing to use the tool.

Hence the reason it's called a tool. You use it for things.

Commands are just executable actions that run most of the time.

Is there a specific tool where you don't interact with the drawing to execute a function ?

yes tools are very useful like that

then could we get a new thing maybe called a menu palette if you wish that you could just click the button and they do something.

they could hang out in palette with little graphical symbols.

really useful for creating say a palette of default line sets ups, or the like

a useful addition this could be.

better still a constrains type button that could hang out on a palette, and has and on mode and an off mode.

example on - setpref for black and white only on, click again and the button pops up and turns in off.

Custom Tool Attribute menu will create a series of scripts based on pen color and line weight and alot of other things.

You set it up, then you just double click on the script to get it to work.

It's nice to have scripts set up with certain pen colors and thickness, similar to the different color and marker/pencil types hand drafters used back in the day.

as i understand it these scripts are like normal scripts, in that they are tied to the current document, or possiblily a referenced document.

and would need to imported to each document. which has a downfall in trying to establish a good way of getting users to maintan drawing standards.

where as tools on palettes are part of a workspace. so that they will always be there. and can more easily be adpoted into a standard drawing system.

All of the mentioned above is true,

but I only wish you didn't have to insert these pallet commands to execute them. I wish they ran instantly.

I could make scripts into menu commands, but the system of organizing shortcuts differs from pallets to menus, and the pretty pictures associated with the scripts.

This is only a wish

Thanks all. [Razz]