Table and chair resources

Tyrrellian

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 12/16/2023 at 9:43 AM, Tyrrellian said:

Where are the 72" rounds? 60" rounds? Crescent style? Classroom style, 6' 8', etc. etc ????

If you open the resource manager and search for "table," you'll see hundreds of results. Once you find the table shape you like, you can duplicate and edit the style that closely matches your needs and insert the table of your choice. 

image.png

• Like 1

@Tyrrellian There are only about a dozen pre-configured seating section styles shipped with Vectorworks but there are hundreds of table and chair symbols available.

The styles are pre-configured settings for the seating layout that includes many settings shown in the dialog and not just the type of table and chair. You can either start with a style and change the setting in the dialog to match your needs.
Depending on how the style is configured there may be settings which you can not change in the dialog, in which case you will need to switch the seating layout to be  un-styled to make the necessary changes.
When placing the seating layout you can select unstyled for the style and configure all the settings yourself if none of the default styles are appropriate for your design.

• Like 1

Thanks for the replies. I guess I just dont see how to bring in any other tables/chairs that I've found. 

Just finished a week of training, but we actually didnt cover this. 

When I type "round" in the search nothing comes back. 

image.thumb.png.4c2cc45a6bf0303287c28a5096733a41.png

If I go directly to Resource Manager and type "tables and chairs" this comes up which looks useful, but how do I get an item here to appear for use within the  Seating Section tool?

image.thumb.png.2224d244bad58a80d53d97cadfc00400.png

You are not going to be selecting a Style in the top of the dialog, you want to select a symbol from the lower portion of the dialog.
Screen Shot 2023-12-18 at 4.06.05 PM.jpg

The Style saves a bunch of settings, you only want to change the seating symbol that is being used.

• 2 weeks later...

Hello I was customized my tables  and found some problem with data records.

my table is a symbol with symbol in it 

So I edit table and chair, without forgot to update records 

but the records from that symbol wasn't updated in the "global" symbol : table+chair 

Is it normal ? I think that if I did it in other order: edit table and chair before edit the global one may there is no problem ... 
But I discover the problem when checking my symbol with the worksheet ...

below 4 video when I discover problem and understood it 

Edited by Ben3B