reduce the awkwardness of subdivision modelling

Kaare Baekgaard

Question

2 answers to this question

4 hours ago, Kaare Baekgaard said:

2. Every other time I wish to edit a subdivision, I hit the Reshape Tool instead of the Edit Subdivision tool. This has been going on for years now – and still I instinctively do this. And why wouldn't I? Logic dictates that I should be able to do this. Disappointingly, the Reshape Tool has no function whatsoever with subdivisions – except as a decoy. Please make it so, that the reshape tool will in the future activate the Edit Subdivision mode.

The not-consistent-with-other-tools behaviour of the Subd tool was discussed here recently too.

• Like 2
4 hours ago, Kaare Baekgaard said:

1. When instinctively  use the Flyover Tool and the Translate Tool to get a better angle,  I exit the Edit Subdivision mode. Now I have to reactivate it in order to progress. This is a stop that breaks the flow.

I don't have this problem. But I think it's because I use a 3dconnexion spacemouse for 3d navigation. That temporarily invokes a flyover mode/tool whenever I use it. But it doesn't force me to exit the edit subdivision mode.

• Like 2