Multiple Sessions

Jershaun

Question

Hi Katie

One of my wishes that I mentioned quite some time ago was opening two or more sessions of VectorWorks at once so I can render in one session and I can work on something else at the same time. I noticed in one of your posts that you said that this wasn?t possible.

I can assign various tasks for my mouse and at moment I have a double click assigned to my middle mouse wheel when I click it. It was purely by accident that I clicked my middle mouse button on my VectorWorks shortcut in the quick-launch section of my taskbar and guess what, two sessions opened up. [Razz]

This shows it is possible and I would like to re-submit my wish for multiple sessions. [Cool]

Thanks.

Shaun

3 answers to this question

Shaun,

Is this in VW 9 or VW 10?

Can you go back to the original one and work in it?

Do you have multiple licenses of VW installed on your computer?

I've seen this happen, but the original version of VW doesn't do anything. It says it's active, but you can't draw or anything in it.

You are not supposed to be able to have two WORKING instances of VW open at the same time, using the same serial number. You can't do it.

I'd like to know the above information in the case that is how you did it.

I am using VW8 with one serial number and I can work on both sessions at the same time without a problem.

I hope I don't get in trouble for this because this seems to be a bug and it is not my fault that it happens. If I had to pick on the same icon twice with my left mouse button only one session opens.

Thanks.

Shaun

Hi all,

I also am able to open 2 concurrent versions of VW 10. I have a shortcut in the start bar and a programmable mouse button for double click. When double clicking on the shortcut I have two functioning VW10 applications running. I have also opened up 4 instances of the program but the last two said they were running in demo mode. I have multiple serial numbers installed however the open versions are using the same serial number.

Win 2000.