A simple Wish

PeterT

Question

My wish is for a new release of VectorWorks that is stable, fast, with few or no bugs, and runs well on Mac OS X.

I wish for no new features, no new add-ons, and no re-arranged palettes.

I wish for no crashes when I zoom, or revert to saved.

When I retrieve a document from the OS X dock, I would like the document to become functional.

I would like to have my tool palettes always be visible, and not go blank randomly.

I would like to have the data display bar be visible no matter which tool I activate from a tool pallette.

When I get a snap cue to an object, I would like to really be snapped to that object.

When I measure an object, I would like the data display to indicate the correct size of the object on the first try.

I would like to be a productive Architect again, as I was in the days of MiniCad.

1 answer to this question

VW strives to be a stable product, however it is near impossible to be 100% bug free for any application, especially when the OS's the applications rely on are not bug free themselves. Every day just about, Microsoft and Apple release updates to the OS. Every morning I come in, I have a little thing in my task bar telling me I have updates for my OS at microsoft.com to take care of. I don't know of a program out there that is bug free. With that said, our engineers work very hard to resolve bugs asap.

The file in the dock is currently a bug and is being addressed by our engineers.

Palettes going blank is usually related to not enough memory available. A simple restart should fix the problem. This can also be related to the above mention of having two files open and the target not being activated so the palettes don't show currectly. We are also working on this problem.

The snaps should work for the most part. If you have an instance where a snap isn't snapping correctly you should report it to bug submit. Please keep in mind however, sometimes the "object" you are getting a cue for is the grid. Making the snap grid larger or eliminating it can aid in this problem also. If you snap to a point on the snap grid instead of an object that may be away from the snap grid by a fraction, that can be easily assumed as a 'wrong snap'. It's not a wrong snap per se, since it's snapping to a point on the snap grid. Turning it off can remedy the problem entirely.

Any and all bugs should be reported to bug submit in order for it to be logged and our engineers can address the problem quicker.