Hardscape Budget and Quantity Worksheet not correctly reporting volumes

JonKoch

So I was trying to create a hardscape worksheet from a pre-made VWX worksheet called "Hardscape Budget and Quantity (US)" I was attempting this in a file that I had been working in with many different hardscapes and so I went through and named them all to get a nice consolidated list of the hardscapes. When I pull the report in though, it doesn't report area or volume for every material. It does it for some, but seems to ignore other materials. Sometimes it has a value for the area of a material but for others it doesn't. I figured it was probably something I did wrong with creating my hardscapes so I tested the same workflow with a pre-made VWX hardscape that I assumed was formatted correctly, and I am running into the same issue. Not to mention, it's not even calcul

I tried to go in and play around with some of the reporting but just ended up making things worse, haha. Anyway, I've attached a couple of screenshots and a test file. Not sure if I am missing something obvious or not. 

Thanks!

Screen Shot 2023-11-29 at 2.52.29 PM.png

Screen Shot 2023-11-29 at 2.53.16 PM.png

Worksheet Test.vwx

The worksheet is reporting on the surface area/volume of the Material resources used in the file. Each Material can be set to return volume or component area or both. Have a look at the 'Construction' tab for the Materials in question + you will see that where they are not returning volume or area in your worksheet it is because 'volume' or 'component area' are not enabled in the settings. Depending on the product/material you are generally only concerned about one or the other. In a database report you can use the FirstNonEmpty function to replace the zeros with 'N/A' or a blank space or whatever if desired. 

• Like 1
2 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

The worksheet is reporting on the surface area/volume of the Material resources used in the file. Each Material can be set to return volume or component area or both. Have a look at the 'Construction' tab for the Materials in question + you will see that where they are not returning volume or area in your worksheet it is because 'volume' or 'component area' are not enabled in the settings. Depending on the product/material you are generally only concerned about one or the other. In a database report you can use the FirstNonEmpty function to replace the zeros with 'N/A' or a blank space or whatever if desired. 

@Tom W. I'll definitely check it out! I figured it was something like that buried in a setting that I just hadn't got to yet. I'll have a go at it. 

Thanks!

39 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

Can't seem to figure out the "Firstnonempty" function but that's probably beyond my "coding" abilities

59 minutes ago, JonKoch said:

Can't seem to figure out the "Firstnonempty" function but that's probably beyond my "coding" abilities

Replace the =MATERIALVOLUME function with =FIRSTNONEMPTY(MATERIALVOLUME, ' ') or =FIRSTNONEMPTY(MATERIALVOLUME, 'N/A') or whatever you want to see in the zero value cells. The same for =MATERIALSURFACEAREA function. So this is in row 7 with the little black diamond: the database header row.

• Like 1
1 hour ago, Tom W. said:

Replace the =MATERIALVOLUME function with =FIRSTNONEMPTY(MATERIALVOLUME, ' ') or =FIRSTNONEMPTY(MATERIALVOLUME, 'N/A') or whatever you want to see in the zero value cells. The same for =MATERIALSURFACEAREA function. So this is in row 7 with the little black diamond: the database header row.

Ahhhhhh ok. I see now... Thanks again, Tom!

• Like 1