wishes granted by VectorWorks 10

Alexandre Villares

Question

9 answers to this question

If you go here : http://www.nemetschek.net/products/newfeatures/main.html

and click on the various components of VW, then at the next page click on the different section, you will find a comprehensive list of things that have changed or are new to VW 10.

Just about everything that is new in VW 10, or things that have changed, are by requests of users.

I cannot get a list of all the wish list items that were ever submitted and put it against the new things in VW 10.

The wish list db is part of our bug list db. Getting all that information would take me hours on end, probably days. Hours which I don't have.

Katie,

There is a description of a Bar Joist Tool but nothing on how it actually works. Is it a 2D symbol tool with a library , like the current structural steel shapes? Is it 3D also? The general feature listing seems impressive and a worthwhile upgrade, especially since microspot's newest x-rip driver update supports my trusty HP330.

Are you referring to he Joist and Beam objects?

They are 3d objects.

It is a plug-in object tool found under the detail cut wood tool.

You can specify how you want it to show in 2d view, and you can set the type of joist you want from the following options.

Solid Wood Beam

Wood I Joist

Wood Floor Truss

Steel C-Channel Joist

Stell Open -Web Joist

Wide-Flange Steel Joist

Does that help?

[ 09-24-2002, 04:19 PM: Message edited by: Katie ]

To set the length, you just draw a line (with the tool selected) You can change the different settings of the type of beam or joist you use with other text blocks in the OIP.

Just like any other plug-in object. You get text boxes where you can set the height, length, blah blah blah ..

Chris,

On the page with what's new in 10 is a list of the new features and things that were changed. If you don't see it on those pages, chances are nothing was changed to it.

I have put in many wishes about the stair pio within the past few months. Those wishes went in after 10's wishes had been decided on. Keep in mind, 10 is being developed soon after the previous version comes out. Alot of those decisions are made long before most people realize.