3D smoothing + more

Kaare Baekgaard

Question

I have been testing the powerpack for some weeks now. Thank You Nemetschek. It works great. Here are a few items for the next version:

1. Form-Z has a tool in their new version, where one can smooth a 3D solid several times - and get from a basic shape to an amorpheus shape in a very intuitive and appealing way.

2. A "multible-extrude along path" would be really cool!

3. The bump-map feature of renderworks does not work very well. Its hard to control.

4. A preview of the textures in the ressource window thank You.

5. Take a look at the old Strata Studiopro 1.5.xfor an unsurpassed way of mapping textures onto objects. Here mapping is linked to the current view by default, and textures can be scaled independently on the X- and Y- axis from within the mapping dialogue. If You "steal" a few features from this method, it would be a great improvement.

6. I used to get an indication of the volume and measures of solids in the Object Info Palette. I understand, why it had to go, but it would be nice to have this feature as a menu item, so that I can get calculations of enclosed volumes.

7. I have requested this before - but it would still be VERY nice to be able to tab into the object info palette! (alt-tab?)

8. It would be very nice to be able to import/export worksheets including formulaes.

9. And last, but not least: I would like some format - any format, that allows me to import & export geometry along with its textures. Does it exist?

Thank You

Kaare Baekgaard

1 answer to this question