UCS System of Some sort

Cam Halkier

Question

Coming from using Autocad for a couple of years and Arris for another couple I find it very difficult to understand the work arounds that we have to go through in order to view and or work on any other than the original database co-ordinates. Hey people, we deal with sites that are often not rectilinear, we draw elevations using the plans to project information down and dont want to constatly waste time and go through gymnastics in order to see our sites from a different angle. Lets face it Layer linking DOES NOT achieve what we need and grabbing all of your information and rotating it to the desired angle is just downright scary. Please, oh please allow me the freedom to electronically walk around the projects that I work on, to view them from any angle that I so desire.

1 answer to this question

I too dearly miss the AutoCAD UCS command. Being able to rotate a drawing in any direction is a GOOD thing. It makes all kinds of other things easier by allowing elevations, sections, etc to be extended from the plan without having to coordinate what is the latest plan or having to figure out insertion points.