absolute text sizes

C. Deel

Question

I would love to see an option for "retain text size" when doing workgroup references or layer links.

When I do a site plan, for instance, and want the metes & bounds text to be readable on two different drawings on two different scales (one at 1"=10' and another at 1"=20') ... this doesn't work. After if passes through the layer link (to the larger or smaller scaled layer) it is either ridiculously big or too tiny to read.

This would make workgroup references much more usable for doing "overall" plans at small scales, etc.

Thanks.

3 answers to this question

How would this work: At different scales, the text is located in different (wrong) locations, so keeping the text at the right scale itself is only half the problem? Or maybe VW could scale the location coordinates up/down while retaining the text size...still suggests conflicts as the absolute size of the text block varies from scale to scale.

It would be a neat thing if this could work though.

- Carl

Check out this post:

http://techboard.nemetschek.net/cgi/ubb/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=12;t=000230

That's what I'm talking about. Has this been addressed yet?

I'm hoping there could be a way to make text an "exception" to the way the rest of the layer link works. I mean, you often want to see a site plan twice as big, but who ever wants their text twice as big?

As for locating the text, it could simply remain anchored (as specified by the Alignment settings on the Text pull-down menu). This would work just like when you select a text object and then choose a different font size. The size changes, but wherever the little locus "x" is (from Alignment) stays put.

This would be extremely useful to us.

Thanks,

CD