flipped text irritation

grantvz

Question

Part of the fun of working on symmetrical plans is diminished for me because text doesn't play fair. I'm making a building that has the same staircases on both sides, but when I make one side and then mirror duplicate the text flips as well. Now it seems that my only option is to either make each staircase manually, or disable text on the staircases and input that info manually. I would like to see text always remain aligned the rest of the universe.

3 answers to this question

grantvz,Try this little script, it's fun. It works best for Center justified text, but it can easily be modified to change the justification as well.

Raymond

Procedure FlipText;{ Author : Raymond Mullin }{ Toggle the TextFlipped attribute for all selected Text objects on a layer. } VAR TxtHnd: Handle; B :Boolean; X, Y, Ang :Real;

BEGIN TxtHnd := FSActLayer; while (TxtHnd <> nil) do begin if (GetType(TxtHnd)=10) then begin GetTextOrientation(TxtHnd, X, Y, Ang, B); SetTextOrientation(TxtHnd, X, Y, Ang-180, not B); end; TxtHnd := NextSObj(TxtHnd); end; { end while } SysBeep;END; { End FlipText }Run(FlipText);