Creating Light Positions and the None Class

lalcaraz

quote:

Originally posted by lalcaraz:
I am running VW Spotlight 9.5.0.b7 on Windows.

I am trying to create a hybrid lighting position that dwells on just 1 Class but no matter what I do when the Position gets created, it lives on both the Class that I created it on and the "None" class.

I am not creating any of the lines orginally on the "None" Class and the symbol itself is fine on the Class I created it on, it is only when I convert it to a lighting posistion.

Please tell me there is a fix for this!

Thank you

Lonnie

Lonnie-I'm not sure I understand what you mean by it is living on two classes. What class options do you have set?

Kacey

Thank you for your response.

"Living on 2 Classes"

Somehow when I create a Lighting Position from a 2d/3d Hybrid Symbol, the Position resides on 2 classes.

For ex:I created a Hybrid Symbol of the Class "LTG-Catwalks".Once the Position is created, in order to see it on the screen, I have to have the class "LTG-Catwalks" and the "None" class ON. If I turn off one or the other, the Position disappears.

I have tested this many ways, and it is only when I create it as a Position. The symbol by itself, before it becomes a Lighting Position is fine.

This disallows the possibility to use any class setting except for Show/Snap/Modify.

This also happens when I create a symbol. When I draw the Symbol on the "None" Class and then Insert it on anothr class, both classes have to be on to see it.

In Autocad, I can create a Block on the "0" layer and then when I place it in a drawing, I can put it on any layer that I want and can turn off the "0" layer and it will still display.

I need to know if there is a way to do this in VW and how to fix the Lighting Position Proble,

Thank you!

Lonnie lrafaela@aol.com

I think there is not a way to work around this-for the lighting postion object this may be an actual bug, however I believe for the symbol, it is by design. For symbols, if you want to use anythign other than show/snap/modify for classes, you'll have to create the symbol in the correct class. For positions, perhaps you can do more sorting by layers than by classes? I'll enter this into the bug list as a bug/wish item so that it works in a more user-friendly way.

[ 12-14-2001: Message edited by: kacey1 ]

Kacey

Thank you for your response and for the info.

I hope it is something they can fix.

As for the symbol, I really think they should find a way to do it like AutoCAD, as it is very frustrating to always have your symbols in the same Class, if you want to use them in different drawings for different reasons.

But it is more easily fixed in a Symbol, as you can go into Edit Symnol and change the Class Properties.

Anyway,

Thank you for your attentions.

Lonnie

I am running VW Spotlight 9.5.0.b7 on Windows.

I am trying to create a hybrid lighting position that dwells on just 1 Class but no matter what I do when the Position gets created, it lives on both the Class that I created it on and the "None" class.

I am not creating any of the lines orginally on the "None" Class and the symbol itself is fine on the Class I created it on, it is only when I convert it to a lighting posistion.

Please tell me there is a fix for this!

Thank you

Lonnie