Auto Numbering and Objects

aquagirl

Question

I use VW to create location plans for individual signs of varying types. I use a symbol which is placed into the document multiple times - each with different record field values (same record each time).

One of the record field values changes often in the course of a project. It is sequential and used for reference when reviewing the information. The symbols are numbered counter-clockwise around a sheet.

Symbols can be added, deleted and/or moved and must currently be renumbered by hand. Not fun or efficient.

Please advise if any numbering options are available or if certain type of VectorScript might work.

Many thanks-aquagirl

1 answer to this question

You should be able to do this with a script. It might take a bit of work, but you could use ForEachObject to find all the symbols with the record attached and fill out a dynamic array of type structure where the structure has the angle of the symbol from the drawing center, and then sort it so you can change the records in a counterclockwise fashion.

I can send you a copy of a vectorscript that does something like this (but doesn't sort) if you email me at the address below.