Wrong position of the fixture on TOP/Plan (2D Plan) vs Top (Orthogonal)

I build a totem with an Impression X4 Bar 20.
The orientation and position are okay on Top (Orthogonal). However on TOP/Plan (2D Plan) I can't put the fixture in the right position.

You can check on the images what I wrote before.

Can you tell me what I did wrong and what I can do to fix it? 
I tried to fix the position on TOP/Plan (2D Plan), but this changed the position on 3D too.

image.png.e08f8cfbd3702d6c623541f0a08ab3b7.png

image.png.f0214a0d739a279a79959fe75137804f.png

image.png.32c7edfed7a42fa992eb9b0fe3a81ad9.png

image.png.0fa34021a0890b95238b93a3f384009d.png

It looks like you may have edited your 2D or 3D symbol and adjusted the X-axis of only one of them. Two options:

1) In your resource browser Edit the symbol's 2D and 3D geometry and make sure the origin points are set to the same coordinate. 

2) Edit the 2D geometry, delete everything, right click in dead space and click "Generate 2D geometry from 3D" and it will trace your 3D geometry and now match. 

On 9/21/2023 at 5:45 PM, stevenmorgan94 said:

It looks like you may have edited your 2D or 3D symbol and adjusted the X-axis of only one of them. Two options:

1) In your resource browser Edit the symbol's 2D and 3D geometry and make sure the origin points are set to the same coordinate. 

Unfortunately, after checking, the problem isn't this.

3D
image.thumb.png.993ac512dab69d4cd206866ff2c26d83.png

2D

image.thumb.png.e6d6776d09ef295bd51c099235db0496.png

On 9/21/2023 at 5:45 PM, stevenmorgan94 said:

2) Edit the 2D geometry, delete everything, right click in dead space and click "Generate 2D geometry from 3D" and it will trace your 3D geometry and now match. 

However, I deleted all information on 2D, and used the "Generate 2D geometry from 3D" to build a 2D again, and the problem is the same.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@Cristiano Alves This is a known issue where attaching two clamps causes a confusion concerning the actual hanging/insertion point. We suggest making a clamp symbol with the two clamps spaced apart and centered as you need and inserting that as the accessory. For proper counting of the clamps, you can use the new virtual parts function to place the extra clamp to each light.

• Like 3
On 10/2/2023 at 3:05 PM, Scott C. Parker said:

@Cristiano Alves This is a known issue where attaching two clamps causes a confusion concerning the actual hanging/insertion point. We suggest making a clamp symbol with the two clamps spaced apart and centered as you need and inserting that as the accessory. For proper counting of the clamps, you can use the new virtual parts function to place the extra clamp to each light.

Ok, understand, I hope this can be improved
By the way, do you know how he can know the exact spot on the different fixtures where the clamps are supposed to be attached?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee
On 10/7/2023 at 11:35 AM, Cristiano Alves said:

By the way, do you know how he can know the exact spot on the different fixtures where the clamps are supposed to be attached?

Sorry, not really. As each lighting unit may have different mounting hole locations, you would need to use the light's spec sheet as a guide. 

As for placing the clamps, @Sam Jones's autoplot has a script you will find helpful.

1 hour ago, Cristiano Alves said:

Any video or tutorial to watch this feature?

Nope.  The functionality is part of a general plug-in to place accessories.  The plug-in is one of over 100 plug-ins/scripts that make up AutoPlot Tools for Spotlight,  www.autoplotvw.com.  The tools have a 2 month fully functional trial period.  If you want to Zoom, I can walk you through using any of the plug-ins.