Sign in to follow this  
Davide

Dimensions

Question

A dimension style which can have an arrow at one end and a slash to the other will allow use of architectural standards. I need it when I want to dimension from the center of an object to the face of another.

3 answers to this question

What is the name of the standard? Is this something that every dimension should be using, or just particular ones? (I'm wondering if it should be in a dim standard or if it should just be something you set in the object info palette.)

In the obj info palette would be ok. The user

could make it a custom dimension style if it was possible to have 2 different markers on the same dimension string ( or line). There is no a specific name for it that I know, but you need it when you are dimensioning from a corner of an exterior wall

(face of stud for example) to center line of an interior wall. To make that evident in a 1/8" scale plane two different markers ( arrow for the face of; slash for center of) would help contractors read plans.

This would be handy for mechanical drafting also... when a string of dims are to short to show the arrows we often have to convert to group and remove the inside arrows so they don't overlap the next dim. Often I replace the arrows with a dot but a slash would be ok to. wink.gif" border="0