Windowshades in 9.5 on OSX

aersloat

Question

8 answers to this question

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

You might find the plug-in I posted to vectordepot.com useful. It hides or reveals all of the palettes, and can be tied to a keypress (I use ctrl+shift+p) so you can quickly get the entire drawing window clear.

Getting windowshading for palettes working with OS X is in the VW buglist.

I am unfamiliar with the windowshading feature for the Mac, what would be the windows equivalent?

Is it anything like the "auto hide" feature that can be used for the task bar in Windows?That would be a handy feature if selected palettes would automatically hide and then reappear when the cursor is positioned over the hot spot.I'm thinking mainly for the Object Info Palette, it may be problematic for working with many palettes.

Andrew Bell.Thanks for the Plug In posted at Vector Depot.It works great for selecting all palettes or, toggling between selected pallettes.Is there any chance that the PIO can be such that selected palettes can be toggled on / off? smile.gif" border="0

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

quote:

Originally posted by Noidge:
Andrew Bell.Thanks for the Plug In posted at Vector Depot.It works great for selecting all palettes or, toggling between selected pallettes.Is there any chance that the PIO can be such that selected palettes can be toggled on / off?
smile.gif" border="0

The script associated with the plug-in can be edited. Choose the menu command Organize->Create Plug-in... and scroll down to and select "Toggle Palettes" (or whatever I called it.) Hit the script button, and you'll see the script, with one line per palette. It should be reasonably obvious which line of the script controls which palette. Edit it to remove the lines for the palettes you don't want toggled. You may need to make sure the file for the plug-in is not write-protected before doing this.