Sign in to follow this  
aersloat

Windowshades in 9.5 on OSX

Question

It would be nice if we could get windowshading capability back for our palettes. This would be particularly nice for the object info palette, which I am now constantly opening and closing. Thanks

8 answers to this question

Check out VersionTracker for OSX "Windowshade X". It's a shareware ($7 or $15, can't remember), but well worth the money.

I fully agree with some sort of a window shade feature that allows the user to minimize the pallettes.

I am still using 9.1 through OS X because I find not being able to collapse the pallettes very annoying.

Just so you know you can force OS X to launch VW 9.5 in classic if you like. In the finder use the get info and check the "Open in classic environment" box.

I find it strange that people are still using 9.1. 9.5 is far more stable and faster.

Good Luck

Thanks for the tip on running 9.5 in OS9; however, I would much rather run in OS X with a collapsable pallet......please add it this to the wish list....

Dave Harper

You might find the plug-in I posted to vectordepot.com useful. It hides or reveals all of the palettes, and can be tied to a keypress (I use ctrl+shift+p) so you can quickly get the entire drawing window clear.

Getting windowshading for palettes working with OS X is in the VW buglist.

I am unfamiliar with the windowshading feature for the Mac, what would be the windows equivalent?

Is it anything like the "auto hide" feature that can be used for the task bar in Windows?That would be a handy feature if selected palettes would automatically hide and then reappear when the cursor is positioned over the hot spot.I'm thinking mainly for the Object Info Palette, it may be problematic for working with many palettes.

Andrew Bell.Thanks for the Plug In posted at Vector Depot.It works great for selecting all palettes or, toggling between selected pallettes.Is there any chance that the PIO can be such that selected palettes can be toggled on / off? smile.gif" border="0

quote:

Originally posted by Noidge:
Andrew Bell.Thanks for the Plug In posted at Vector Depot.It works great for selecting all palettes or, toggling between selected pallettes.Is there any chance that the PIO can be such that selected palettes can be toggled on / off?
smile.gif" border="0

The script associated with the plug-in can be edited. Choose the menu command Organize->Create Plug-in... and scroll down to and select "Toggle Palettes" (or whatever I called it.) Hit the script button, and you'll see the script, with one line per palette. It should be reasonably obvious which line of the script controls which palette. Edit it to remove the lines for the palettes you don't want toggled. You may need to make sure the file for the plug-in is not write-protected before doing this.