Renderworks Capability

MikeB

Question

I just visited the lightwork sight ( www.lightwork.com )which is the product that RW uses to perform photoreal rendering functions. I realized that Lightworks sells different levels of capability in different packages for developers to use. My understanding is that RW dosen't have atmosphereic effects, distance blurr, or radiosity because NNA dosent buy the liscense to distrubute that capability of the lightworks package. I understand that this is probably a marketing decision to controll the cost of the RW package.

I'm wondering if my assumptions are correct, and if they are, it would be nice if NNA offered different levels of the Renderworks package with more options.

Also a company called Archvision makes a plug-in for lightworks products that introduces 3-d people and trees and soon cars that use referenced photo information to calculate different views of the objects as you rotate around them. Check out www.archvision.com for more info on this. Its really cool because you can have photo real people with no increase in polygon count. I don't know if its possible to incorporate this technology as well but it would be an incredible addition to the RW product.

Thanks

5 answers to this question

I second this request and I hope this wish list is considered seriously.

Just by the way Mike, renderworks 9 uses the lightworks classic engine and if you check the lightworks site again you'll notice that the classic engine supports fog and atmosphere effects. This hasn't been included in renderworks 9. I wonder WHY? confused.gif" border="0

I don't understand what your not understanding. wink.gif" border="0

RW is a finished product, and VW buys the raytrace renderer from another company. That company offers different levels of functionality for different prices. So RW dosent use the latest in Raytrace technology because NNA dosen't buy the liscense to distribute that from Lightworks.

At least this is how I undertand it, but I have been known to not know what I'm taking about. tongue.gif" border="0