worksheet releif

benis

Question

Very simple, in fact I've heard that previous versions of this software were capable of this:

ALLOW WORKSHEETS TO BE EXPLODABLE (INTO TEXT AND LINES) SO THAT THEY CAN BE EXPORTED AS DWG OR DXF FILES!!!!!!!

How hard can it be Nemetschek? Do the people who design Vectorworks actually design anything besides software? Do they actually USE Vectorworks? Sorry for the rhetorical ranting.

Also. WHY NOT MAKE THE DATABASE WORKSHEETS WORK BOTH WAYS? THIS SEEMS SO LOGICAL. SO IF I WANT TO EDIT A DOOR SCHEDULE MADE FROM RECORD INFO I DON'T HAVE TO GO TO EACH DOOR AND CHANGE THE INFO IN THE DATA PANE. I CAN CHANGE THE WORKSHEET OR CHANGE THE INFO IN THE PANE.

We are in the minority as users of Vectorworks which means that we have to export things for all those AutoCAD users (there are at least 10 times more of them)

1 answer to this question

I agree totally with the idea of making the worksheet db more functional. I'm still using VW8.5.2 but it has poor user qualities and only being able to edit it in the object info menue means if you make an error in assignment then finding it again can be almost impossible.