Wishes for wish list items

Ken

Question

I wish, I wish...

I wish somebody would fix the "Email Notification" CGI script for these forums. It's broken. If fixed, it may encourage more people to "spot post" questions... and ultimately diversify these discussions. There are some other little bugs, too.

I wish somebody from NNA would regularly reply to some of these wishes with acknowledgement. Is it so much extra work? The ideas posted by others are very interesting -- yes I would like them too -- but it's not just a discussion among users. Or is it? How loud do we need to shout? To whom do we need to shout?

First wish may make second wish easier to fulfill. smile.gif

4 answers to this question

Well, it happened... frown.gif V9 Architect and RW9 arrived yesterday.

There is no RW9 manual. NNA points out that the RW9 manual is not included. It is on backorder, awaiting shipment from the printer. To "insure" that the manual is, at some point, sent to me, I'm supposed to register RW9. Gosh, I "wish" that at the very least, they'd keep good notes and make darn sure that they send one to their customer without their customer having to do their work for them. Am I missing the point here? Wouldn't it make for a better impression to send the complete package? In the interim, they offer a PDF file in the on-line help system. Overall, this NNA experience seems a bit like buying a used car (excuse me, a pre-owned car).

Archken, keep up the good work. Best "wishes", Thomas

I sent various e-mail inquiries to NNA tech-support, but never received an answer. That's why I decided to try this message board. I'd be really frustrated, if they wouldn't - at least - answer those questions that don't get resolved by other users!

quote:

Originally posted by Archken:

I wish, I wish...

I wish somebody would fix the "Email Notification" CGI script for these forums. It's broken. If fixed, it may encourage more people to "spot post" questions... and ultimately diversify these discussions. There are some other little bugs, too.

I wish somebody from NNA would regularly
reply to some of these wishes with acknowledgement. Is it so much extra work? The ideas posted by others are very interesting -- yes I would like them too -- but it's not just a discussion among users. Or is it? How loud do we need to shout? To whom do we need to shout?

First wish may make second wish easier to fulfill.
smile.gif

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

What sort of response are you expecting? Folks at NNA certainly read them, and there's a reasonable chance of many being in the next version. And this is generally the time when the bigwigs (I'm a littlewig) of NNA decide on what should go in the next release. But that isn't, essentially, a public discussion.