I can't believe NNA didn't fix the Wall Join Tool

David Seibert

Question

9 answers to this question

Not the Twilight Zone -- but perhaps the Oblivion Zone. Nemetschek's tech department apparently thinks this "wish list items" section is totally insignificant. How else do we explain the lack of replies?

Perhaps also they ignore their own discussion forum here because they've got a new version out -- as if that version is "perfect" or "too late for revisions" or "hey I just work here take it or leave it."

You're probably asking precisely at the moment that they are massively shipping out all the "preorders." They phoned me yesterday to confirm mine, but I gave an excuse to delay it. At the moment I'm not sure anymore. So that's what I gather -- that the stuff is going out right now.

Usually I'm not interested at all in 0.0.0 versions because they're undoubtedly buggy. And this is mission-critical stuff for me. But there's at least one killer feature that comes in handy for my current project, if i get it: Export LL as anonymous blocks into DWG format.

I'll be curious about what you think of the new RW. Post some graphics if possible?

------------------

Kenneth

Hi Archken, I received my pre-order-confirm-to-ship phone call several weeks ago. I've nothing to show for it whatsoever. I'm intrigued that you say that you are not so sure anymore and have delayed delivery. Given what I read on this msg board, I'm not so sure that I want to bother with the learning curve in terms of likely buggy and/or "user unfriendly" software. Better the devil you know than the one you don't.

At any rate, I tend to like the current RW and now have the killer computer that will accomplish the process in far less time. Almost makes the task enjoyable.

I'll let you know......

Indeed, I'm sitting on the fence about upgrading to 9. The bundled price is attractive, sure, but the real cost is in wrestling with the new devil, as you put it.

If I can get through my current projects without wondering "what if" of the new features I've been reading, then heck, I'll just wait 'til the end of summer like I did last time.

It's a love-hate relationship with the software. Macworld said it right of die-hard users -- that truly devoted criticism may come a bit shrill at times.

You bring up a good point about simply waiting. Shortly, I've got to be away for a couple of weeks and given that 9 will arrive while I'm away, what's the point? Seems to me that I'm better off canceling it and waiting, and waiting...... Then, order it when I can take advantage of the full 30 day trial period.

Overall, this entire waiting process is becoming tiresome and it sabotages any attempt at planning.