LL and WGR

Ken

Question

I love layer links. I also use (and sometimes love) workgroup links.

However, up to version 8.5.2 there seems to be two inherent limitations: lineweight and font size. I've diligently worked around these problems forever. Now I'm wishing I didn't have to.

I wish there was a dialogue box to specify lineweight and font size scaling according to layer scale. I imagine this can be associated with each LL object placed on a particular layer.

For example, I have a project that has about five different unit floor plans, each about three stories. That's fifteen large-scale floor plans. Of course, they stack easily, so I'm shifting LL's to show the large scale units side-by-side. I'm also showing building plans at a smaller scale, so the LL's at half the scale display thick lines and small text. There are three buildings, of which the first floor must be shown as background on the site plan, so I'm using a much smaller scale to show all the buildings. Three scales, same unit plan. Currently I must make symbols out of each unit (with edited lines) for the smallest scale site plan.

I wish I could simply use LL's and WGR's for all layer scales -- with automatic resizing of lineweight and text established by some kind of user input. The power of LL and WGR would then be a totally *killer* feature.

------------------

Kenneth

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet