Sign in to follow this  
Peter Phillips

Resize mode of the selection tool

Question

Constantly having to click this button on and off is tedious. It would be much better if the normal mode of the 2D tool was for the ?resize? option to be on by default, and that you had to temporarily override it by holding down a key whilst you perform a move. (I find the resize mode is the one that is needed most).

2 answers to this question

On my machine, resize mode *is* on by default. I'm not sure why this might not be the case on your machine. If you start all your documents from a stationery file, then maybe you can change the setting in that file.

Also, rather than clicking on the button in the mode bar, you might find the key equivalent useful. The U I O P [ keys

can change the settings of each of the five possible groups of buttons in the mode bar. (Most tools don't have more than two or three groups of buttons.) So hitting the U key when using the 2D cursor will toggle between resize and don't-resize modes.