How to buy an InteriorCAD update?

On 6/8/2023 at 3:09 PM, Ride said:

And still no response....

Has anyone else been able to purchase InteriorCAD 2023?

Yes we have a month or so ago. For sales we deal with sven who can be reached at sven.biermann@extragroup.de

His response times are usually good.

I am trying to connect with users in the UK to set up a community user support group (discord server or signal group) but I am open to extending it to users in the US and Canada. Please let me know if you are interested.

Edited by Blinkglitter

Yes interested. I waited to update to 2023 until the Megabits Quantum CAD plug-in was done. I’m really happy with the improvements for 2023. The addition of Fittings to the Cabinetmaker is very helpful. I update through Tom Pearce/ Coronal Studio here in the USA.

Edited by Woodychips
17 hours ago, Blinkglitter said:

Yes we have a month or so ago. For sales we deal with sven who can be reached at sven.biermann@extragroup.de

I am trying to connect with users in the UK to set up a community user support group (discord server or signal group) but I am open to extending it to users in the US and Canada. Please let me know if you are interested.

Yes I would be interested. Keep me posted on any progress....

17 hours ago, Blinkglitter said:

Could you explain how it works with the Interiorcad upgrades? If you upgrade to the new version of VW you then need to upgrade IC as well in order to carry on using it? So if you upgrade VW annually (which I guess everyone does now it's subscription-only?) you need to upgrade IC annually as well? If so, when do the IC upgrades get released relative to the VW releases? If I bought IC now + upgraded to VW24 in October or whenever would I be able to carry on using IC or would I have to delay upgrading VW until the new version of IC is released?

Thanks!

31 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

Could you explain how it works with the Interiorcad upgrades? If you upgrade to the new version of VW you then need to upgrade IC as well in order to carry on using it? So if you upgrade VW annually (which I guess everyone does now it's subscription-only?) you need to upgrade IC annually as well? If so, when do the IC upgrades get released relative to the VW releases? If I bought IC now + upgraded to VW24 in October or whenever would I be able to carry on using IC or would I have to delay upgrading VW until the new version of IC is released?

Extragroup released Interiorcad 2023 in February 2023, which was obviously after Vectorworks 2023 release.

I wait until the Interiorcad upgrade is released before upgrading vectorworks so can't comment on whether you could continue using e.g. Interiorcad 2023 with Vectorworks 2024. I'm guessing it wouldn't be recommended. Perhaps @Jeremy Best can comment.

For me delaying is not an issue but I'm using it exclusively for cabinetry manufacture, not architectural or mixed use.

Extragroup also release their equivalent of service packs throughout the year. You can see release notes for previous years here: https://conf.extragroup.de/im/latest/release-notes but unfortunately there are no entries for 2023.

• Like 1
10 hours ago, Woodychips said:

Yes interested. I waited to update to 2023 until the Megabits Quantum CAD plug-in was done. I’m really happy with the improvements for 2023. The addition of Fittings to the Cabinetmaker is very helpful. I update through Tom Pearce/ Coronal Studio here in the USA.

@Woodychips Thanks for your reply. Not familiar with Quantum CAD plug-in, can't access the website for it. The new fittings feature is great but the NC millings don't export so I can't use that feature at the moment. Have raised a ticket but waiting on a reply.

I have a good friend in Marin County CA who is thinking of getting Interiorcad but he wasn't aware of any reps in the USA. Can I refer him to Tom Pearce/Coronal Studio? His other big concern was user support. Especially as a new user. My impression is that Cabinet Vision is the most prevalent and -at least in CA- their reps will even visit shops to help troubleshoot issues etc. Who do you deal with for support issues? I am visiting him in July to go to AWFS fair in Vegas so would be helpful to know.

On the user support group, I have already set up a discord server (Stephan suggested it might be more appropriate than e.g. Signal) - are you familiar with discord? I've only just set it up so there are no other members. I can DM an invite to the group if so.

2 hours ago, Ride said:

Yes I would be interested. Keep me posted on any progress....

@Ride Great. I have already set up a discord server (as Stephan suggested it might be more appropriate than e.g. Signal - I use Signal for work related chat so it's not mixed up with personal Whatsapp chat) - Are you familiar with discord? I've only just set it up so there are no other members. I can DM an invite to the group if so.

Edited by Blinkglitter
9 hours ago, Blinkglitter said:

Extragroup released Interiorcad 2023 in February 2023, which was obviously after Vectorworks 2023 release.

I wait until the Interiorcad upgrade is released before upgrading vectorworks so can't comment on whether you could continue using e.g. Interiorcad 2023 with Vectorworks 2024. I'm guessing it wouldn't be recommended. Perhaps @Jeremy Best can comment.

Actually, thinking about it, it wouldn't be a big deal at all using the previous version of VW for creating/editing cabinets then importing them into the new version for placement, for a few months until the new interiorcad release came out.

• Like 1
On 6/11/2023 at 1:11 AM, Blinkglitter said:

@Ride Great. I have already set up a discord server (as Stephan suggested it might be more appropriate than e.g. Signal - I use Signal for work related chat so it's not mixed up with personal Whatsapp chat) - Are you familiar with discord? I've only just set it up so there are no other members. I can DM an invite to the group if so.

I don't know anything about discord, but I'll look into it and DM you me details soon.

Thanks

@Blinkglitter DM me an invite to the Discord server. Yes support could be better in the US. There are a lot of other options available for cabinet software. If your friend already uses VW the transition would be easier. I took a pretty deep dive into Mozaik and felt very limited by the work environment. Contact @Tom Pearce for sales in the USA. I’ve attached some random pictures of a sliding door that needed stiffening rods because, well it does. I duplicated the original door, threw in some boring and dados, and sent it out to the CNC. Worked great.

6DDC575E-4BCE-4764-B138-D4C8C0E2489B.png

B2F6A572-69F4-4C30-B3DF-038CEAE11C54.png

• Like 1
5 hours ago, Woodychips said:

@Blinkglitter DM me an invite to the Discord server. Yes support could be better in the US. There are a lot of other options available for cabinet software. If your friend already uses VW the transition would be easier. I took a pretty deep dive into Mozaik and felt very limited by the work environment. Contact @Tom Pearce for sales in the USA. I’ve attached some random pictures of a sliding door that needed stiffening rods because, well it does. I duplicated the original door, threw in some boring and dados, and sent it out to the CNC. Worked great.

Great, thank you. @Woodychips I have DM'd you an invite to the discord server. If you know any other US users interested please feel free to share the link.

@Ride likewise thanks for your interest, I have DM'd you an invite. If you know any other CA users please feel free to share the link

Hello,

The update information is available on Extragroup official website: https://www.extragroup.de/interiorcad/updates/interiorcad-service-select/. I normally use Chrome to open this website as it can translate for me. 

If you have the Service Select you should be able to download their latest release. I personally recommend waiting to their update(F5 or F6) with drawer tool fixed, if you are building up a large kitchen modules, the current update F4.1 tool is not very pleasant.  

Regards, 

Nap 

• Like 1
6 hours ago, napwszzm said:

Hello,

The update information is available on Extragroup official website: https://www.extragroup.de/interiorcad/updates/interiorcad-service-select/. I normally use Chrome to open this website as it can translate for me. 

If you have the Service Select you should be able to download their latest release. I personally recommend waiting to their update(F5 or F6) with drawer tool fixed, if you are building up a large kitchen modules, the current update F4.1 tool is not very pleasant.  

Regards, 

Nap 

That's interesting: that info is not available on the English website as far as I can see.

25 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

That's interesting: that info is not available on the English website as far as I can see.

It is not even on their German version release note: https://conf.extragroup.de/im/latest/release-notes 

And it is better to stay close to their Extragroup.de website for the release notes. 

9 minutes ago, napwszzm said:

It is not even on their German version release note: https://conf.extragroup.de/im/latest/release-notes 

And it is better to stay close to their Extragroup.de website for the release notes. 

When I translate the webpage the release notes themselves remain in German:

Screenshot2023-06-14at06_49_22.thumb.png.dc63f744c9253416f2d2b56f7a3a1bd8.png

40 minutes ago, Tom W. said:

When I translate the webpage the release notes themselves remain in German:

Screenshot2023-06-14at06_49_22.thumb.png.dc63f744c9253416f2d2b56f7a3a1bd8.png

If you are using Google Chrome, select the text and then right click, there is one option of Translate to English. Alternatively, you can copy and paste the German text into Google Translate. 

On 6/12/2023 at 5:19 AM, Tom W. said:

Actually, thinking about it, it wouldn't be a big deal at all using the previous version of VW for creating/editing cabinets then importing them into the new version for placement, for a few months until the new interiorcad release came out.

@Blinkglitter is correct, even if it did work it would not be recommended and should not be expected to function normally. I haven't tried it but I expect it won't work because plugins need to be updated to work with new versions. 

15 minutes ago, Jeremy Best said:

@Blinkglitter is correct, even if it did work it would not be recommended and should not be expected to function normally. I haven't tried it but I expect it won't work because plugins need to be updated to work with new versions. 

Ok you're talking about attempting to use IC23 on VW24? But using IC23 on VW23 then importing the Cabinets into your VW24 file would be ok right? Without having Interiorcad loaded I can import Interiorcad Cabinets that other people have sent me + use them in my models, I just can't edit them.

• Like 1

Hello All,  Tom Pearce here — the often negligent distributor of interior xs / interiorcad for the US.

You can contact me — Coronal Studio — for a Demo Version of interiorcad. Tom @Coronal.net

The interior xs / interiorcad Version 2023 F5 was released on 15 June.

You can view the interiorcad Manual at:

https://conf.extragroup.de/im/2021

The Manual has a section on accessing Release Notes, but it is not currently current.

If you have interior xs / interiorcad, you can normally access the Manual by selecting interiorcad Help on the Vectorworks Help Menu and below that on the same Menu is interiorcad Release Notes. This is valid when used in Demo Mode also. They have been a little slow in updating these.

• 5 months later...