lighting unit default values et. al.

td4stage

How do I change default setting for units I have already entered onto the plot? IE, I want to change the frame size for a unit.

Also,

I increased the size of the dimmer and channel containers. How do I move the containers so they do not "pile up" on top of one another. I have tried moving them through label legend manager...no luck!

Thanks for everyone's time,

Pat

quote:

Originally posted by td4stage:

How do I change default setting for units I have already entered onto the plot? IE, I want to change the frame size for a unit.

Edit the symbol definition for your symbol. Change the value in the light info record to the appropriate value. Run the replace instruments command. Change the settings so that it will replace All <My Instrument Type> With <My Instrument Type> This will make the instruments go look up the default values again. You can also use this to globally change instrument types or change to a new symbol.

If you just need to change all the frame sizes for an instrument type you can also use the find and modify command to "find all instruments whose Instrument Type = <My Instrument Type> and change their <Frame Size> field to 12" x 12"."

quote:

I increased the size of the dimmer and channel containers. How do I move the containers so they do not "pile up" on top of one another. I have tried moving them through label legend manager...no luck!

You might try adding the containers to your label legend symbol to help you in laying out your labels. As long as you don't group them with your text the instrument will still be able to find all of the labels and lay them out correctly. Once you've edited the legend you'll need to force the instruments to update their labels by using the refresh instrument command. If you've dragged the labels around for an instrument to customize the location of the labels it will not update with the new locations of labels in the legend. If this is the case just select the instruments and change their label legend to the same legend again. You'll loose the custom placement of labels and it will adhere to the placement in the legend.

------------------

--

Kevin Moore

---------------------

Product Manager

VectorWorks SpotLight

---------------------

[This message has been edited by kmoore1 (edited 10-19-2001).]