Interiorcad XS 2023 presentation graphics

I turned this into the extragroup site and filed a ticket, but have haven't heard back in six days. Honestly, I'm not sure they even look at the support tickets.

The 2D box that represents the cabinet on top/plan view, includes the door thickness. This is a problem for dimensioning and getting questions from both the cabinet supplier and my installers. For a 24" deep base cabinet with an overlay door, I need that box to be 24" deep. What Interiorcad does create a 2D box that is 24.75" deep (cabinet box plus the thickness of my door). 

I can get around it by editing the 2D component, however the connection between the actual cabinet and the graphic is lost when doing that. I could "fudge" the dimensions by selecting "no fractions" in the dimensioning precision box, but that seems like a bad way for me to do it.

I last used Interiorcad with version 2014. This problem didn't exist then, as it handled it fine. I'm thinking there must be a setting I'm missing somewhere that is causing this to happen. Can someone please guide me in the correct direction?

Thanks in advance for any help you can give.

My system:

Apple M1 Max with 64gb of Ram.

Interiorcad XS 2023

Example File.vwx

Example File.vwx

I got a reply to my 2D presentation problem. It seems I've discovered a bug. I'm told I'll be kept apprised of a solution when it's available. Other than deselecting the "show dim" box for the dimension in the OIP, and putting in my own, there is no real work around at present. Personally, I'm not a fan of entering fictitious dimensions to make everything appear correct. There's simply too many opportunities to miss that and leave mistakes on the sheets.

I'm sure it'll get handled however, and I'm glad they're going to working to fix it.

• Like 1

This has been an issue for a while. In the OIP there is an option for dimensions: overall or carcass. I would like to see the cabinet box depth respond according to these settings but it currently does not. If the Overall setting included the face and hinge spacing it would really help workflow.

• Like 1
  • Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Fronts are not counted towards the overall dims because they have variable gaps to accommodate different hinges. They can also have different handle configurations. Fronts were included in overall dims with the old, "classic" cabinet object and it caused problems. Can't win in this situation.

• 3 weeks later...
On 6/22/2023 at 9:53 PM, Chris Fleming said:

Update:

I downloaded the F5 release this morning (I just got back from vacation), and it appears that this issue has been resolved. The dimensioning is working correctly now. I didn't see my particular issue mentioned in the release notes, but it is functioning as it should. 

All good!

If you are an interiorcad user I have set up a user/community support discord server. It's in it's early days but there are about 12 members thus far. I will DM you an invite to the server now.