"Select Lighting Devices by Instrument Type" not working in Groups

Hello,

I love the 'Select Lighting Devices by Instrument Type'.

But if I have multiple Lighting Devices Grouped together and dubbel click the group to edit the group, the 'Select Lighting Devices by Instrument Type' is not working anymore. Not sure if this is intended behavior, but it would be really nice to get this working.

Kind regards,

Maarten

How would you like it to work?  Would it only select the objects of the same type in the group, or would it select all the objects of the same type that were visible on other layers.  If it did the latter you would not see objects that were selected in other groups.  They would be selected but they would not be seen as selected until you entered the group.  I suspect you only want the fixtures in the group selected and all others deselected.  Right?

@Maarten Jansen this seems like a bug to me.

I just confirmed that Savvy Select Similar Instrument works correctly in groups; it is designed to select visible and editable objects, so that would include all the other instruments of the same type that are in the group. Objects outside the group remain unselected. https://benghiatlighting.com/software/product/savvy-select-similar-instrument-3/

@Sam Jones can comment on the analogous behavior in AutoPlot.