Leader Lines

Mark McCay-Moran

Question

I would like to see the line weight of an arrowhead independent of the weight of the leader line (not unlike the dimension slash thickness).

I've been waiting for this function since MC+ 3.1!!! (that was back in '89-'90) Also I would like to see the arrowhead added to the polyline tool which I find very intuitive and would make for great leader lines.

A note on the arrowhead thickness: Those of us who still remember hand drafting will attest that emphasizing the arrowhead on a leaderline was (and still is in my opinion) a technique that separated rookies from seasoned drafters. Not unlike good lettering, object profiling, and how to cleanly tear a sheet of tracing paper off the roll!

I guess the time are a changin' (but I still want my drawings to look good!).

1 answer to this question

It would be even greater if the two lines which compose a leader line were a new kind of object (instead of a group of two lines).

This would allow you to draw the leader line in three clicks ... then if you grabbed the leader line at any of the three points (arrowhead, elbow, text end) it would be adjustable!

Also ... being able to draw the leader line from the object to the text would be a great mode option.

And even greater ... if you are drawing a leader line, you probably would love the text to be part of the leader line "object" as well! Then everything would work and move together (but not limited like a group is).

I looked at Leader Line v3 Demo, but its too clumsy and unintuitive.