Vision to grandma2

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

Yup! The MAonPC for GrandMA2, which uses MA2Net, is entirely software based. It, again, does require a small usb dongle that must be purchased from Vectorworks.

There is something similar for GrandMA3. They have an entirely software based console which uses MA3Net. This, however, requires a usb dongle that must be purchased from GrandMA (not Vectorworks).

I hope this helps!

• Like 1

thank you. And I have two questions.

1 )

I understand the need for a USB dongle. If there is no ma hardware, the parameters are not assigned, but is it possible to drive the fixture in vision?

2)

Even if parameters are not assigned, if it is possible to drive fixtures in vision, I would like to purchase a dongle. I would like to know the price and purchase route of the dongle. FYI, I live in Korea.

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

I'm not super familiar with some of the industry terminology. So, I hope I'm answering your question correctly.

1) If there is no MA hardware and you have the USB dongle, then you should have no problems driving the fixtures in Vision from the MAonPC software console.

2) To get more information about the Vectorworks Vision Dongle for MA2Net, I would suggest you reach out to your Vectorworks Distributor. They should be able to help you with pricing and different options. If you run into any trouble, let me know and I'll try to get you directed to someone who can help further.