Units?

Denis O'R

Question

5 answers to this question

quote:

Originally posted by Denis O'R:

Hi guys - First I hate doing this as I ain't a critic.

I'd love to see an addition to the VW preferences for metric so as every new page opened is in European Metric as opposed to US Imperial, thats all, great software love it a lot!

Yeah, great, the world is metric!

Another way to do this is with Quickeys. I hit one key that then lets me select 9 choices. I have set up an English set that goes to the

units menu and selects decimal inches, number of decimals, etc. Another set up selects the units menu and goes through a complete metric setup. All in two keystrokes.

This is particularly handy when I have to work simultaneously in english and metric units such as optics where all lenses are spec'd in mm, and the mechanical stuff is in inches.

[This message has been edited by cosmiccosmic (edited 10-16-2000).]

quote:

Originally posted by poiron:

You can do this yourself! Just set up a page the way you like and save it as a Template. Then the next time you open a new document you can choose it from the list in the dialogue box.

Yes, and if you save your template with the name 'default.sta' in your Templates folder,

VW uses this document as standart everytime

you launch it.

Hannes