add the ability to toggle tooltips

Danielj1

Question

3 answers to this question

Dan, are you referring to the smartcursor screen hints? Have you tried touching the Y key to toggle them on/off?

Or is it the VW prefs for smartcursor (and opaque smartcursor)? There's GetPref/ SetPref 3 or 20 for a possible menu plug-in with keyboard shortcuts.

------------------

Kenneth

No, I'm referring to the little explanatory text that appears whenever you place a cursor over a tool button, for example "line tool" or "property boundary tool." On the Mac the text appears up on the top of the screen right under the command menu, and is not intrusive, in my opinon, but in the PC version it shows as a little pop-up box containing the text, that appears right next to the tool button in question. So, apparently with certain hardware/software configurations, if you move the cursor over a series of tool buttons in succession, you get a flurry of little text boxes opening up one after the other, and I personally find it most distracting. As I say, on the Mac it is visible, but not distracting, since it's on the very top--discreet but available, and it would be nice if on the PC version one could either shut the feature off, or perhaps it could be relocated to the top as in the Mac version.

Dan J.

Oh! Okay I know what you're talking about now. I've seen them on my Mac. However, they don't appear as often on my screen nowadays -- in fact, I can't get them to show up at all when I actively try to bring them up. VW 8.5.2. Go figure. Is it influenced by the video card? Actually, I'm glad they don't appear at all anymore. Too bad the PC version has it so big. I'm not surprised. (Another smile for Mac users, eh?)

------------------

Kenneth