Editable undo please!

JoarL

Question

7 answers to this question

quote:

Originally posted by Caleb Strockbine:

How would the user be able to tell that something was actually undone, then, if the thing happened to be outside the current view? I can see people hitting undo many times in an effort to get it to work, and all the while they might be undoing half their drawing without realizing it!

What you would do is separate the view Undos from the creation undos. Other programs do this. In essense, the existing Previous View command does this. Just make the Undo command have no affect on views/magnifications. In fact, why not make Option Undo, undo the views, and Undo undo the creation.

------------------

Janis Kent, AIA

author WorksTutorial & WorksManual

How would the user be able to tell that something was actually undone, then, if the thing happened to be outside the current view? I can see people hitting undo many times in an effort to get it to work, and all the while they might be undoing half their drawing without realizing it!

quote:

Originally posted by Caleb Strockbine:

VW is a professional level program. As with most programs of this level (i.e. everything by Adobe and every CAD program i ever used) undo's take place regardless of the a view change. As a full time VW professional user I find it quite annoying that I am forced to back track all of my view changes just so that I am protected from an unseen undo. I'm a pro, if I type undo I mean it even if the action is off screen. Undo and view change need to be separate in VW just as they are in all other programs of this level.