Printing

Greg G

Question

The PRINT TO FIT on any page size and Print to window/fence with a scale command (let's say like in AUTOCAD) is a must in VW9.

I hope the VW development team is reading about all the printing pains people are going through just to get an 11X17 or 8 1/2X11 check print of their drawings.

6 answers to this question

I've been complaining about the windows version of Minicad since I got my first copy of the beta. We were a bete site. The printing function and the lack of ability to reduce large drawings to A size has been a particular sore spot with me. The tech folks, for the most part, have been telling me that I was the only one they knew of who was having these problems although they have never, to this day, provided any answers to my questions. They keep telling me that the next generation of software will solve my problems. VW has been the only upgrade to help at all and it still has a long way to go. I'm glad to see someone else complaining to them about this years old problem that they refuse to solve. They love to sell software but hate to fix bugs. mad.gif

I absolutely agree-a fit to window print option is a must. I often work in a small scale with large print size and then find out I need to fax the plan to someone and it can be really frustrating to fool around with the scale objects command to get it to fit the needed paper size. Please, please change this in the next release!!

Thank you for your suggestion. We here at Nemetschek North America are always attentive to customer suggestions. Over the years the bulk of all improvements to the MiniCad and VectorWorks programs have come from customer requests.

This will be entered into our wish list and evaluated by our design team as a potential enhancement for the future.

Again, we thank you for your input and continued patronage.

------------------

Mike S.

Tech Support Manager