Plant Database Values being overwritten

kyle.kyler

Question

I was working in a VW 2019 file today and realized that ALL of the information in the "Plant Data" tab of my plant symbols had been reset/overwritten to match the "field" name. There are hundreds of customized plant symbols that have been affected. The only reason the screenshotted plant's "Category" says Understory Deciduous tree is because I've begun manually correcting the issue.

image.png.723243988251e6db1494fda16771560b.png

Despite the fact that all of these values have been reset in the Plant Data tab, information like Latin and Common name remain unchanged in the "Schedule" tab.

image.png.9e179983439194d50cb0744e1c1c11e9.png

This is a serious issue that negate months worth of work and diminishes my confidence in the reliability of the plant symbol system. What could have caused this?

Since posting the issue, I was able to find a recovery version of the file from several days ago where the plant symbols were unaffected. See screenshot below of the plant data tab with data as I had originally input.

Please reply with an explanation of how this could have happened so that I can avoid it in the future.

image.png.f5d44fb11e11dea20e695d0de7537f04.png

Edited by kyle.kyler

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet