stretch command

speed

Question

where is the stretch command?!!

am i missing something, or does vw actually not have a stretch command?

how could there not be a stretch command?

HELP!!! mad.gifwink.gif

[This message has been edited by speed (edited 06-20-2000).]

[This message has been edited by speed (edited 06-20-2000).]

6 answers to this question

quote:

Originally posted by doug shaffer:

select all of the elements that you want to modify, then use the 2D reshape tool to make a marquee around them. this works similar to Microstations 'fence stretch' command.

Brilliant!! Thanks X 1,000,000.

Now how do I stretch a certain distance. It seems I can't unless I first draw a line in the location I want to stretch to?

In addition to using the Move command to move the elements in the marquee a set distance, you can also use the data bar. Once you've drawn the marquee, drag the elements a little with the mouse. Without releasing the mouse button, hit the tab key to enter the data bar and fill in the appropriate field(s), pressing Enter after each one.

The nice thing about this method is that you can stretch by a fixed distance in one direction and leave the other free. For example, if you enter 2" in the X field, the stretch will be constrained to 2 inches horizontally, but you can still move as much as you'd like in the Y direction. You can also set the L field, in which case you'll be constrained to a given radius, or you can set the A field to constrain the move to a particular angle.

When you've selected your object(s) and clicked the 2D reshape tool, a marquee will select endpoints to move. Use the Move command to move those points a specific distance and direction. You can also drag them somewhere. Note that the marquee selects all the endpoints of your selected odjects that are within the marquee. To select some points and not others,instead hold down the option key while selecting points. The pointer changes into a lasso, which you can use to draw an irregular fence around only those points that you want to move.