Sign in to follow this  
Bruce Kieffer

Reshape 2D Polygon Tool

Question

Diehl Graphsoft,

Please fix the Reshape 2D Polygon tool so that an undo command does not change the tool selection from the Reshape 2D Polygon tool to the 2D pointer arrow section tool.

4 answers to this question

Thank you for your suggestion. We here at Nemetschek North America are always attentive to customer suggestions. Over the years the bulk of all improvements to the MiniCad and VectorWorks programs have come from customer requests.

This will be entered into our wish list and evaluated by our design team as a potential enhancement for the future.

Again, we thank you for your input and continued patronage.

The 2-D Polygon Tool should be as smart as it was in ClarisCAD. You could simply hit delete if you entered a vertex in the wrong place and it would back up. VW requires you to start over or leave it wrong and come back afterwards to edit.

Another great feature would be if you could use the polygon lasso to delete multiple vertexes inside the lasso/square.

Mark, I reiterate... performing an undo (Mac) on any action performed with the Reshape 2D Polygon tool causes the Reshape 2D Polygon tool to be deselected and the pointer arrow selected instead. If you can provide a good reason as to why this happens and to what benefit it is, then I can accept that this is a feature request. Otherwise, since no other tool functions this way on an undo command, I still contend that it's a bug.