line weight & x-ref

gavin

Question

4 answers to this question

Work group referencing uses your page origion to position the referenced layers. to move the position of the referenced layer you have to change your origion. there are two ways to do this, either under the page menu choose origion and follow the dialogue or if your rulers are on you can grab the box at the intersection of the Horizontal and vertical rulers in the upper left corner and drag in where you want the origion to be. be carefull though because changing the origion can screw up linked 3-D layer.

Good luck

re: x-ref positioning:

Another solution that doesn't screw up any positioning is to x-ref onto an invisible layer, then do a layer link to that layer. You can then unlock the linked object, move it anywhere you want, and lock it again. Changes to the original will be reflected in the target doc., but in the new location.

There are only 3 line widths ever taught in drafting classes: thin, medium and thick. I hate to sound like father time but I've been drawing for well over 30 years and never found a use for any more. What am I missing? My only problem here is that the screen doesn't display different looking lines until a rather large increase in width is made. By then they may print TOO thick and it becomes difficult to know what lines are what weight until you print them out.

Thank you for your suggestion. We here at Nemetschek North America are always attentive to customer suggestions. Over the years the bulk of all improvements to the MiniCad and VectorWorks programs have come from customer requests.

This will be entered into our wish list and evaluated by our design team as a potential enhancement for the future.

Again, we thank you for your input and continued patronage.

quote:

Originally posted by RAM:

There are only 3 line widths ever taught in drafting classes: thin, medium and thick. I hate to sound like father time but I've been drawing for well over 30 years and never found a use for any more. What am I missing? My only problem here is that the screen doesn't display different looking lines until a rather large increase in width is made. By then they may print TOO thick and it becomes difficult to know what lines are what weight until you print them out.