Parnel symbol problem

I have just discovered a problem with the ETC Parnel symbol provided with Spotlight. It comes with a frame size of 7.5" in the symbol. When the color cut list is generated the frame size is listed as .625. If you change the frame size to be 7.5 without the " in the object information pallete, it then returns a size of 7.5 in the report. If you leave the " on some of the instruments, they show up as .625 in the report. It is interesting that these things always show up late at night for me.

------------------

Tom Grabowski University of Texas-Pan American

Designer/Technical Director Communication Department

Tomgrab@panam.edu Edinburg, Texas 78539

956/381-3588 FAX 956/381-2187

quote:

Originally posted by tgrabowski:

I have just discovered a problem with the ETC Parnel symbol provided with Spotlight. It comes with a frame size of 7.5" in the symbol. When the color cut list is generated the frame size is listed as .625.

This is a bug in the VectorWorks Worksheet parser on windows. On the mac this works just fine for any combination of document units and gel dimensions with units or without. On windows it is detecting that the string is really a dimension in document units and is using your VectorWorks unit display preferences to display the value. As long as the unit mark in the OIP matches your document units VectorWorks will "fix" this for you.

I've entered this as a bug, thanks for the report.

------------------

--

Kevin Moore

---------------------

Product Manager

VectorWorks SpotLight

---------------------