Libraries of old lights?

quote:

Originally posted by apdavies:

Maybe I should call these obsolete lights but I am sure I am not the only person using old century 6 x 9s or strand century lekolites. Are there any public domain libraries of symbols with all the 3d data and attributes available on the web or via nemeschek?

The theatrical lighting stationary file that shipped with VectorWorks 8.52 does contain some of the old Strand Century lights. They are in the Symbol Folder Lights\ERS\Strand Century.

HTH

Thanks did this and found the symbols you were describing, it is not quite what I was after (its been drawn based on the 1980s Axial 6x9 not the 1960 / 70s base up version) but it is a useful addition to the resouces available. I ran into a bit of a problem ... once I had resaved it as VW 9 format and was about to insert the symbol had a dialogue that came up " A record format named 'Light Info Record' already exists in the current document. Even when I chose another name it would not accept the file, if I canceled out I ended up with a rectangular box.

So I went to the copy of 8.5 Spotlight I have and again installed in on another machine, it has the same symbols under the Strand section ... these import ok and seem to have more detail in 3D.

Oh well back to the drawing board to just modify what I have to differentiate them.