Nudge / Position of Position Lables

Hi all

Just learning 9 after using 8.5 for a while ... setting up drawings with positions etc., is it posible to relocate the position lables from the choice of 3 defaults - in my case I have a studio theatre with a grid so the centre position for the vertical pipes does not work. It does not like you to try to edit the object box after its created ...

Also has the nudge tool gone in version 9? - it was so useful for moving things a little. Maybe I am missing something.

Thanks

Paul

quote:

Originally posted by apdavies:

Hi all

is it posible to relocate the position lables from the choice of 3 defaults - in my case Thanks

Paul

The left/center/right just controls the text alignment relative to its insertion point. If you select the lighting position you should see a small black square at the insertion point of the position text label. You can grab this point and drag the position label into place.

BTW, this also controls the location of your position summary information.

------------------

--

Kevin Moore

---------------------

Product Manager

VectorWorks SpotLight

---------------------

Thanks Kevin .... its a little fiddly and you need to select the position then watch for the cursor by the lable to change to the sloping arrows, then select and move. In order to keep everything neat I drew a couple of lines and hatches for all the positions to snap to then after deleted the lines.

Maybe next version it could recognise pipes which run up / down stage so that it places the lable at the top rather than midstage (or there is an option to do this).

Paul