Site Model - Cut & Fill not showing.

Hi there. I'm hoping someone can tell me why the cut and fill isn't showing up on my terrain model. I seem to have the DTM settings all correct but I'm getting wierd results as per screenshot below. It's quite a large site so maybe that has something to do with it>

Screen shot show site set to proposed only and also when in cut & fill mode. The unmodified part of the site goes flat and the modified portion is not showing the red & blue cut fill areas.

Thanks!

2023-03-20 16_20_39-Vectorworks Architect 2023.png

2023-03-20 16_19_28-Vectorworks Architect 2023ss.png

Thanks @unearthed. I really appreciate the response. I I understand what you mean by concave in regards to site models, but the areas you identified are merely just textured parts of the dtm. The dtm is the whole image including the blue areas (sea). The DTM perimeter actually just forms a rectangle.

However, after I played around with cropping out unnecessary source data to trim the size of the model down, and still not getting it to work, I realized that the cut & fill of a dtm in another project didn't work either and that was one where it worked in vw2021 but wasn't working in vw2023.

Exporting this file to vw2021 has made it work so it looks like this is an issue with vw2023.

Screenshot of model in vw2021 below.

Cheers!

2023-03-21 10_59_46-Window.png

• Like 1

Hi @Boh I'm glad I was able to provide a tiny bit of help, I find the VW DTM confusing at the best of times, and the making of them is largely undocumented, so I usually take extensive notes and screenshots whenever I'm making one. Like yours mine are usually quite complex large areas and rerunning them wastes time.