Slab Unable To Be Created

maxflynn7

Question

Hi All, 

I am new to Vectorworks and I am working on drafting my first house after completing a few of the sample projects on Vectorworks Academy. I am trying to model the slabs (12" floor joists with sheathing) but when I use the slab tool it states "A slab cannot be created from the bounds of these objects. pick a series of connected walls". I have tried change the wall to a simpler wall style, using the wall joining tool to ensure they are connected, redrawing the walls such that they are all drawn in a series, starting a new file, etc. If someone could help me trouble shoot this issue that would be greatly appreciated. I have attached the file for reference.

360141954_913Dale(current)R1.vwx

2 answers to this question

If you change from Rotated Top/Plan view to Top/Plan view it will work. I had no idea this was a thing: that Pick Walls Mode + Inner Walls Mode won't work in Rotated Top/Plan  view... I don't tend to use those modes much so had never noticed. Perhaps someone else can say if this is known + has always been the case or is a recent bug...

• Like 1