Kudos for reusing the 'subdivision handles' on nurbs surfaces in SP4. Great!!! – Now can we also get snaps working + the OIP updated?

Kaare Baekgaard

Question

I am very pleased to see an update to the nurbs surface interface based on the amazing subdivision interface. This can make a huge difference, but it does come with a minor setback:

I cannot yet snap to all other vertices in the same surface - without extracting them first. Please re-integrate this snapping feature in the new interface. We already have it in subdivisions: When I pull an arrow, the vertex at the center of the arrow-thingy will snap to the extension of other vertices in the same surface perpendicular to the arrow.

I can do a workaround of this lacking feature by extracting vertices using the extract tool, but I should not have to do so beyond the next VW release.

Please also consider this feature: As I select a single vertex, the OIP does not update to reflect this vertex, so I cannot easily change the weight of it. In order to change its weight, I still have to select it by clicking the arrows in the OIP Edit U / Edit V section, which is slow and confusing. For that reason alone I bet you, that many VW users do not even know the awesome powers of weighted vertices.

Thanks again

Edited by Kaare Baekgaard
  • Like 3

4 answers to this question