Custom Params Not Updating on VWX Restart (2023)

btgroves

I am trying to add a Custom Parameter to the CustomParams.txt file and I have successfully located the new location after the update to 2023.  I had added some custom parameters in 2022 before updating about 6 months ago, these appear and function just fine.  After editing the CustomParams file none of my changes show up on the OIP.

Does anyone have any advice or suggestions?

• Vectorworks, Inc Employee

@btgroves Just want to point out that there are better ways now to add extra info to ConnectCAD objects. You can automatically attach your own records and display their values. But you probably know that. We will continue to support the old way but I want to encourage everyone to go towards attached records.

Regarding your question, do you want to PM your CustomParams.txt file and the exact steps you took and I'll look into it?

Conrad

@Conrad Preen I was able to solve this issue, we are using custom params as an organization in our workgroup folder but I also had a custom params file in my own Application Support folder on my machine.  This was causing a conflict because the two did not match.

I do have a follow-up question though, I think for our workflow using Custom Parameters is a preferred method because it does not require the action of attaching a record to every new device as we build out our ConnectCAD device library.

Is this feature being considered for removal or no longer supported?  I would suggest Custom Parameters features offer a valuable data field for reports and project data.