Developer Wiki and Function Reference Links ×

Worksheet column value just once without summarizing

Good morning everyone, 

I need help with a worksheet  and only a custom script can be the answer, I guess

I'm trying to create a wall schedule that lists every wall style with its mark, components and thickness.

I tried using the preformatted report "Wall Schedule With Components" and this is the result, it lists every single wall every time it is in the drawing, and I can't summarize it without losing the component list. 

Is it possibile to show every different value of the style.mark column just once? Is there any script to do this without using the summarizing command?

Thank you very much, 

Martina

Schermata 2023-03-10 alle 10.26.41.png

Schermata 2023-03-10 alle 10.26.54.png

2 hours ago, Peter Vandewalle said:

Try to also summarise on column B...

I already tried, both summarize orders (first A then B and viceversa) and the result is that the identical components in every wall summarize, so just one of the two standard gypsum board is showed. 

Thank you for your answer but please try doing things before giving any advice. 

Martina

Maybe @Pat Stanford could help?

Schermata 2023-03-10 alle 13.14.18.png

Schermata 2023-03-10 alle 13.14.48.png

Edited by MartinaL
forgot attachments

A script could indeed make the object list for the criteria. In that case you'd have every wall code just once with all its component underneath. Depending on the data you'd like to extract that could work.

If you'd need to i.e. count the number of walls for each code, that would need an additional script to calculate the results.

10 minutes ago, Peter Vandewalle said:

A script could indeed make the object list for the criteria. In that case you'd have every wall code just once with all its component underneath. Depending on the data you'd like to extract that could work.

If you'd need to i.e. count the number of walls for each code, that would need an additional script to calculate the results.

Thank you,

I just need to list all the wall styles with components and thickness, for construction purposes. 

I guess I'll just try to figure out how to make that script. 

Are we sure I'm not missing any other way to do this via worksheet formulas?

I thought I had posted this before, but I can't find it.  The following script is a reasonably well commented DatabaseByScript example.  It will give you at least an outline of what you need to do. This was don't in VW2020, and I am attaching that file, but it seemed to open and run in VW2023 in a 30 second test.

Effectively you add the objects you want in the database one at a time in the order you want them displayed.

So you will need to find the first Wall Style and add that to the database. Then step through the components and add them to the database. 

You will still need database header row formulas to actually display the data you want displayed. And you are likely to need IF statements in those rows to display blanks for rows that don't have the proper data (or need for the data) in that row.

Keep asking if you need more help, but I am traveling on business and pretty swamped for the next week or so.

DatabaseByScriptDemo.vwx

• Like 1