Context Sensitive Help blocked by IE Security

Andrew G. Buck

Question

I've just upgraded to version 11 and love the new help package...but I get a security warning about how nasty Active X can be and that I should be careful. I've poked around with the various security settings, but can't seem to find the one that allows the F1 key to open the help in an IE window with out several extra clicks to tell my computer that it is okay.

Andy clues?

1 answer to this question

From Katie Roberts at NNA Tech Support:

The Windows XP Service Pack 2 software contains additional Internet Explorer browser security that prevents the VectorWorks help from displaying immediately. Each time the browser is launched, the VectorWorks help content is temporarily blocked until the Allow Blocked Content option is selected from the Information Bar.

To disable this setting and view the help without the additional step, select Tools > Internet Options from within Internet Explorer. On the Advanced tab, under the Security heading, select Allow active content to run in files on My Computer. Click Apply and OK. Note that disabling this setting may allow harmful active content access to your computer.

Works like a charm. Thanks, Katie!