Using Task Manager after importing dxf/dwg AutoCad files

stmlandplan

Question

I am a newbie on VW 11.0 and Landmark. I work with several different civil engineering firms and find myself importing a base file for my planning work. Once I import the file into a blank file I run through the Document Setup and try to establish Standard Viewports, Classes and Class Naming. It seems after that Task Manager is worthless. My base information disappears when i invoke a task from Task Manager and I get terribly bogged down in trying to manipulate the visability of classes and layers when all I want to do is draw a simple preliminary plan. When I try to wade through modifying class information I go deeper into the woods. There needs to be a straight forward Step by Step Guide to this (and soon). Prehaps there is one. Please let me know ASAP I can't seem to get my first little drawing out of the program because of this.

P.S. When I go to print out the Viewport all the ACad lines are still color and set to #1 line weight by default. Should I have set these manually class by class as I imported the file? What happens when I export it all back to my engineer? They typically have about 50 classes in one of these files. I'm hoping this is all more automated than that. Still love the product...assuming I can get over this hurdle.

0 answers to this question

There have been no answers to this question yet